Greene County Fairgrounds, 107 Fairgrounds Road, Waynesburg, PA 15370
GREENE COUNTY FAIR
RULES, REGULATIONS, & ENTRY FORMS
"Historians have called it a Street Carnival . . . the men who first set it up called it an Agricultural Fair"
Click here for copy of fair booklet (1 MB size) (Printing compliments of Rhodes & Hammers Printing, Inc.)
- Livestock Premium checks will be available at the Fair Office Saturday, August 11 from 2-5 PM Please pick up before leaving with livestock.
- Home & Garden checks will be available in the Home & Garden Department on Sunday, August 12 at 1:00 PM. Please pick up when getting your entry.
- We reserve the right to delete or change the program as necessary.
- Click here for Fair Queen Contest Application Form
- Click here for the Home and Garden Only Entry Form
- Click here for the Livestock (Animals Only) Entry Form
- Click here for Animal Verification by Veterinarian Form (MUST BE PRESENTED AT CHECK-IN)
- Click here for Foreign Animal Disease Alert & the Biosecurity Checklist for Livestock Exhibitors
FOREIGN ANIMAL DISEASE AWARENESS:
This foreign animal disease alert is for exhibitors at Pennsylvania fairs. As a result of heightened awareness of security in the United States, foreign animal disease (FAD) surveillance is being increased nationwide. We encourage each of you to be particularly aware of any indication that could signal the occurrence of a highly contagious disease or any other unusual or unexplained adverse animal health event. No potential cases of foreign animal disease should be ignored.
Potential hoaxes should be treated as real threats until proven otherwise. Special attention should be directed at farms and other areas where there are large number of livestock and poultry. Be particularly alert to these five signs:
If you see something unusual, alert the Fair Superintendent at fair office.
- Sudden, unexplained death loss in the heard or flock;
- Severe illness affecting a high percentage of the animals;
- Blistering around an animal’s mouth, nose, teats or hooves;
- Unusual ticks or maggots;
- Staggering, falling or central nervous system disorders.
LIVESTOCK DEPARTMENTS I through X:
- LIVESTOCK FORMS & INFORMATION:
- Livestock Rules and Regulations (in-state and out-of-state cattle)
(includes Animal Health Rules for Shows for breeding purposes in Pennsylvania)
- Livestock Entry Form,
also see other required livestock forms above.
- Payment of Premiums premiums must be paid before August 18, 2014 (Checks not cashed after 60 days are null and void and will not be reissued!)
- For additional information, contact Debbie Stephenson, Secretary for the Fair at:
Mailing Address: Greene County Fair, PO Box 806, Waynesburg, PA 15370
Phone: 724-627-4752 or (fair week only: 724-627-9160)
- Livestock Competition Information:
Rules and regulations are issued from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Agriculture Bureau of Animal Industry. The Livestock Department rules and regulations include the following:
- Click here for Code of Show Ring Ethics
- Click here for Livestock Rules (Straw or Bedding; Animal Health Papers; Coggins Test, etc.)
- Click here for all Livestock Departments.
- LIVESTOCK DEPARTMENTS:
- Department I HORSES (click here for Sections 1-9):
- Section 1 Draft Horses (Halter)
- Section 2 Draft Horses (not registered)
- Section 3 Haflingers - Open Halter Classes
- Section 5 Hitches
- Section 9 Pulling Contest (click here for rules)
- Click here for Harness Race Schedule & Conditions
- Department II Dairy Cattle (Click here for All Livestock Sections):
- Section 1 Dairy Cattle - Bulls
- Section 2 Dairy Cows
- Section 3 Dairy Cattle - 3rd Division Groups
- Department III Beef Cattle (Click here for All Livestock Sections):
- Section 1 Beef Cattle / Cows
- Section 2 Bulls
- Section 3 Beef Cattle - Groups
- Department IV Breeding Sheep (Click here for All Livestock Sections):
- Section 1 Breeding Sheep
- Department V Sheep (Click here for All Livestock sections):
- Section 4 Wool Show (Click here for Section 4):
- Department VI Open Dairy Goats (Click here for All Livestock Sections):
- Section 1 Open Dairy Goats
- VOCATIONAL/FFA DEPARTMENTS: (Click here Dept X - all sections)
- Department X 4-H & Vocational/FFA (Sections A-1(a) & A-1(b)):
- Section A-1(a) Production Classes
- Section A-1(b) Performance Classes
- Department X Dairy Cattle (Sections A-2(a) & A-2(b)):
- Section A-2(a) 4-H & Vocational Agricultural Dairy
- Section A-2(b) Showmanship & Fitting
- Department X Beef Breeding Cattle (Sections A-3(a) & A-3(b)):
- Section A-3(a) 4-H & Vocational Agriculture
- Section A-3(b) Showmanship & Fitting
- Department X Market Steers (Sections A-3(d) & A-3(e):
- Section A-3(d) 4-H & Vocational Agriculture, Market Steers
- Section A-3(e) Showmanship & Fitting
- Department X Sheep (Section 4):
- Section 4 4-H & Vocational Agriculture - Sheep
- Department X Market Lambs (Section 4(c)):
- Section 4(c) 4-H & Vocational Agriculture - Market Lambs
- Department X 4-H Dairy Goats (Section A-6(a) & A-6(b)):
- Section A-6(a) 4-H Dairy Goats
- Section A-6(b) Showmanship & Fitting
- Department X Rabbits (Section A-9 & E):
- Section A-9 4-H & Vocational Rabbits
- Section E Showmanship
- Department X Miscellaneous (Sections A-13A-15, A-17, A-18, B-19, D-19, E-19):
- Section A-13 Vegetables
- Section A-14 Fruits
- Section A-15 4-H Foods (Foods & Nutrition)
- Section A-17 Floral Exhibits
- Section A-18 Textile Science
- Section B-19 Photography
- Section D-19 Creative Crafts
- Section E-19 Shooting Sports
- Department X Group Exhibits (Sections A-20, A-22, A-23, & A-26):
- Section A-20 Club Exhibits
- Section A-22 4-H & Vocational Contests (Class 1-3)
- Section A-23 4-H & Vocational Contests / Stockman Contest
- Section A-26 Vocational Agriculture/FFA Mechanics Exhibit
HOME & GARDEN EXHIBITS and RULES by DEPARTMENTS XI through XXII (Sections 1 & 2):
- Click here for 2014 General Rules for ALL Home & Garden Departments
- Click here for Home and Garden Entry Form(s)
- Click here for special Baking Contest Rules from the Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs:
NOTE: 25¢ per entry in these departments; fees must accompany the entry form. All entries are due in on Sunday, August 4, 2013 (between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm)
- Angel Food Cake
- Blue Ribbon Apple Pie
- PA Preferred Chocloate Cake & PA Preferred Chocolate Cookie-Brownie Bar
- DEPARTMENT XI YOUTH 19 & UNDER:
(Click here Dept XI - all sections)
- Miscellaneous Youth Categories:
- Section A-13: Vegetables
- Section A-14: Fruits
- Section A-15: Baked Products
- Section B-15: Canned Products
- Section C-15: Butters, Jams, etc.
- Section A-17: Floral Exhibits
- Section B-18: Clothing
- Section 18-b: Needlework
- Section A-19: Handcrafts
- Section 19-a: Arts
- Section A-22: Vegetable Decorating
- DEPARTMENT XII GRAINS:
(Click here Dept XII - all sections)
- Section 1: Grains
- Section 2: Hay Show
- Section 3: Field Cured - No Heat
- DEPARTMENT XIII VEGETABLES:
(Click here Dept XIII)
- DEPARTMENT XIV FRUITS and NUTS:
(Click here Dept XIV - both sections)
- Section 1: Fruits
- Section 2: Edible Nuts
- DEPARTMENT XV HOME and DAIRY:
(Click here Dept XV - all sections)
- Section 1: Baked Goods
- Section 2: Canned, Dried Products
- Section 4: Butters, Spreads, Jams, Jellies, Marmalades, & Preserves
- DEPARTMENT XVII FLORAL EXHIBITS:
(Click here Dept XVII - all sections)
- Section 1: Flowering House Plants
- Section 2: Foliage House Plants
- Section 3: Annuals
- Section 4: Perennials
- Section 5: Artistic Live Flowers Arrangements
- DEPARTMENT XVIII NEEDLECRAFT:
(Click here Dept XVIII - all sections)
- Section 1: Sewing
- Section 2: Needlework & Needlecraft
- Section 3: Afghans & Quilts
- Section 4: Rugs
- DEPARTMENT XIX ARTS & CRAFTS:
(Click here Dept XIX - all sections)
- Section 1: Painting & Photographs
- Section 2: Handcrafts
- Section 3: Furnishings
- Section 4: Artificial Silk Arrangements
- DEPARTMENT XX GROUP EXHIBITS:
(Click here Dept XX - both sections)
- Section 1: Granges
- Section 2: Garden Club Exhibits
- DEPARTMENT XXI WINE:
(Click here Dept XXI)
SPECIAL BAKING CONTESTS:
All recipes for the following contests must be typed on plain white paper (PA Preferred, Apple Pie, Angel Food):
Special judging events include the following four contests:
- All entrees must be "pre-registered"
- All entrees must be "baked from scratch"
- All entres must be brought into the Home & Garden Department on Sunday, August 4, 2013, between 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- The first place winner will be required to enter the PA State Farm Show, if unable to do so the second place winner will be eligible to go
- Recipe and contestants names, address and phone number must be typed on 8-1/2" X 11" sheet of paper with each entry
- CLASS 7-A BLUE RIBBON APPLE PIE CONTEST:
- Class 12 PA PREFERRED CHOCOLATE CAKE BAKING CONTEST:
- Class 12 PA PREFERRED CHOCOLATE COOKIE, BROWNIE, and BAR BAKING CONTEST:
- Class 13 ANGEL FOOD CAKE CONTEST:
- Click here for the Angel Food Cake Contest Rules
- Should use PEQAP or PA Preferred logo or PA packaging dates on the carton
- Contest sponsors: Pennsylvania’s Egg Farmers & the PA State Assoc. of County Fairs
DEPARTMENT XXII SECTIONS 3 & 4 LEADLINE & FAIR QUEEN CONTESTS:
- Section 3: Leadline Contest:
- The objectives of this class are to promote the sheep industry by presenting a class of sheep in a most attractive manner and to give spectators an opportunity to see the best of the sheep and wool industry.
- To compete, contestants must send a typed commentary with $2.00, name, address, phone, age, birth date, breed and age of sheep. Also please state if sheep is owned by you, your family or borrowed. DEADLINE for entry is August 2, 2014.
- Click here for lead line contest rules
- Lead line contest entry deadline: August 3, 2014 (no exceptions).
- Wool Queen Contest held on Monday, August 4, 2014 at 6:00 pm. here contest rules.
- Leadline Contest held on Monday, August 4, 2014 at 6:30 pm.
- Contact: Janet Mawhinney at 724-966-2577 or email at email@example.com
- Section 4: Fair Queen Contest:
The Fair Queen winner will have the opportunity to compete in the Pennsylvania State Fair Queen Contest which will be held in January 2013 in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- Speeches on Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 4:00 pm. Deadline for applications: July 1, 2014
- Click here for Fair Queen Contest Rules
- Click here for Fair Queen Contest Application Form
- Contact: Debbie Stephenson at 724-627-4752 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
DEPARTMENT XXII SECTIONS 4 POSTER CONTEST **NEW** in 2014:
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Ride and Measurement Standards is conducting a statewide poster contest during the Pennsylvania State Farm Show in January 2014. The first place poster in each of the above three older age groups will be forwarded to this competition. The top three state winners at the State level will receive cash prizes of $100, $75, and $50.
- Class 1 Tiny Tots (7 and under)
- Class 2 Jr. Division (8-10 yrs)
- Class 3 Intermediate (11-13 yrs)
- Class 4 Sr. Division (14-19 yrs)
- Click here for contest rules and regulations.
Posters to be submitted to fair on August 3 between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. No pre-registration is required.
- Friday, August 9 at 7:00 pm Croushoure's Championship Demo Derby
- Click here for Croushore's Championship Demolltion Derby Rules.
- NOTE: Fullsize 60's and Newer 1964 - 1966 Chrysler Imperials are NOT PERMITTED
Today's date is:
Copyright ©2008, Greene County Fair, Greene County, Pennsylvania.
All Rights Reserved.