The Controller’s Office encourages county residents to report suspected instances of fraud, waste or abuse of tax dollars, including the following:
- Fraud involving county employees.
- Theft or misappropriation of county property.
- Submission of illegitimate vendor invoices.
- Misrepresentations on employee expense reports.
- False reporting of hours worked.
- Fraudulent reporting of medical, disability, or workers compensation claims.
- Mismanagement of tax dollars.
Tips may result in a cost-saving audit or investigation, but only if they are reported. Residents may choose to remain anonymous; however, those who wish to identify themselves will not have their identities revealed to others without first giving their written permission. Tips may be e-mailed
to the Controller, phoned in to 724-852-5220, faxed to 724-852-5320 or mailed to the Controller’s Office, attention Fraud and Abuse. The more information provided, the easier it will be for the Controller’s Office to investigate.