S.A.F.E. Parenting is an intensive specialized parenting program that works closely with parents that have substance abuse concerns. The program assists parents in maintaining the family unit or to return children to their homes as soon as possible. This is a voluntary program for parents that have or had a problem with illegal drugs and/or alcohol abuse.
What you can expect from S.A.F.E. Parenting
- The program is a support for parents to achieve or maintain sobriety.
- S.A.F.E. Parenting not only supports parents, but the entire family by offering skills and knowledge to enhance parenting abilities and child development.
- The program starts with a 7-session group course, followed by in-home visitations by a S.A.F.E. Specialist.
- Goals are set by the parents and are reviewed at each visit to ensure progress is being made.
- S.A.F.E. utilizes four evidence based curriculums: Families in Recovery, Brain Wise, Nurturing Parenting, and Make Parenting a Pleasure.