Greene County Phones are either forwarded to cell phones or forwarded to voicemail, which goes to the employee's email. Please give an appropriate amount of time for the phones to forward or, if you get voicemail, please leave a message and we will get back to you.
This page is intended to provide links to safe, accurate, and up-to-date sources of information, inform County residents and staff of any departmental changes or affected services, and promulgate policy specific to the coronavirus developed by the County, State, and Federal governments. Greene County will follow the guidance of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, the Center for Disease Control and National Institute of Health.
The Greene County government continues tracking updates on the Covid-19 Coronavirus from state and national agencies. Our number one priority is the safety, health and welfare of our residents, employees and visitors. Greene County office buildings will be closed to the public beginning the afternoon of March 19, 2020. All normal county functions will continue with emphasis on conducting routine business via e-mail, telephone, or regular U.S. Postal Service. Individuals with an absolute need to visit in person, can schedule an appointment with the specific office in which they intend to conduct business. Phone numbers are available on the Greene County website: www.co.greene.pa.us/departments
. We encourage everyone to heed the recommendations of the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control and National Institute of Health.
Employees that need to alter their work schedules either due to illness or family support requirements should coordinate with Human Resources as to their individual options for tele-commuting, sick leave, vacation time, Family Medical Leave, etc. Do not come to work if you are sick!
For more information, or if you have questions or concerns, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
The below links and fact sheets are the recommended sources of information for Greene County employee's and residents:
This is not a complete listing. Please call your service provider for information. County Departments
are linked below. Please see the state links above for more information on state offices and services.
- Greene County Offices closed to the public. All normal functions will be performed via email, phone and mail
- Greene County Prison - Temporary Emergency Order affecting visitation.
- Greene County Veterans Affairs - All appointments will be by phone.
- Register & Recorders Office Notice
- Greene ARC Recycling - suspending all service until further notice
- County Assistance Offices Closed. Click Here for more information.
- Greene County Courts closed to the public. See Court Order for more information.
- Greene County District Justice Offices - Due to the Declaration of Judicial Emergency, the Magisterial District Offices are generally closed to the public except for essential matters. No payments can be made in person, only by EPAY or US mail.
- Greene County current year property tax bills were mailed out this week and the discount collection period will begin today, April 1st. Tax payers are welcome to submit tax payments by mail once they receive their tax bills. We encourage tax payers to include a stamped self-addressed envelope for the return of their tax payment receipt. Upon the
re-opening of the Greene County Office Building, we would encourage payments by check or money order by mail.