We do not have deadlines for filing Writs. Sale dates are scheduled in the order the Writs are received. Real Estate sales are held at 10:00 AM in the Greene County Courthouse, Main Hall, 10 E. High Street, Waynesburg, PA 15370 on the day the sale has been scheduled.
Terms and Conditions: Anyone interested in bidding on a property must appear in person at the Sheriff's sale. The amount of the debt on individual properties can be obtained from the real estate department in the Sheriff’s Office.
All sales are posted in the Sheriff's Office at least 30 days prior to the day of the sale. Sheriff’s sales are published for three successive weeks prior to the sale in local newspapers. Sheriff’s sales also are published by the Greene County Bar Association in the Greene County Reports.
The purchaser must pay 10 percent of the bid price in cash or certified check. The balance of the bid price is due 20 days after the sale. Sheriff’s poundage is based on 2 percent of the bid price.
- Advance fee of $1,000.00 made payable to the Greene County Sheriff
- Original Writ of Execution
- Provide physical address of real estate to be sold
- Long description of the property in HTML or .txt format sent to Deborah Stockdale
- Short description of the property for advertising; must have deed or record book and page number, parcel number and street address
- Lien Creditors Affidavit, Rule 3129.1
- One copy of Notice of Sale for each defendant with date left blank
- Two self-addressed stamped envelopes
Note: Handbill will be posted upon the real property no later than 30 days prior to sale date.