Aleppo Township was formed in 1817 and organized as a township in 1821; because speculators had purchased large tracts of land with the hope of reaping large profits, settlers were unable to afford the land. Therefore, the township was sparsely populated. It is bounded on the north by Richhill Township, on the east by Jackson Township, on the south by Springhill Township, and on the west by the Pennsylvania/West Virginia state line. It is in 18th Congressional District, the 46th Senatorial District, and the 50th Legislative District of Pennsylvania.
Aleppo Township Municipal Building 815 Aleppo Road New Freeport, PA 15352